Friday, June 28, 2013

Jitterbug Quilt Top

My local quilting guild had a mystery quilt activity a few weeks ago.  The pattern was created and named by one of our members and she cleverly organized the instructions to make the result a mystery.  At the start we were told that this would be a good two color quilt with a light and a dark color or a scrappy quilt using light and dark scraps.  I decided to make it red, white and blue and donate the result to Quilts of Valor.  But, when the teacher realized my color scheme she gave me "permission" to peek at the final layout and decide how I wanted to arrange my colors.  Here's what I came up with:
It measured 65 inches square.  I'm going to send this one on (once we have another meeting so that I can show the pattern creator) as a top since my "to quilt" list is getting a bit long.
 

1 comment:

  1. Great colors and I love the way you did the color way on the borders. The design is very neat. Nice top...

    ReplyDelete