Even though I haven't posted about my sewing projects lately, I have been working pretty consistently. My latest quilt, however, has turned out to be more time intensive than I expected. This is an original design and I should have accounted for the "planning" time. The actual sewing is pretty straightforward but like most of my originals, I get new ideas and change my mind as I go along.
This quilt is for son #3. He is in a math graduate program and understands math in a way that I never will. I took a lot of math courses, but that was years ago and once I was in my profession the only math I used was to figure my time sheet every two weeks.
This quilt is based on a fractal called the Sierpinski carpet. You can read about it here much better than I can describe.
First a few pictures:
The remainder of the quilt will have an inside border and then probably a pieced outer border of sorts. I'm still deciding. In the end it will be rectangular (I think).
I'm enjoying this, but it's hard to deal with the slow progress and I thought it deserved a posting prior to completion. Comments are more than welcomed!