On a more individual note: I had set a book reading goal (6 books/year) and was able to meet (and slightly exceed) it. I had decided in March to try to remember the birthdays of my immediate extended family (siblings, nieces, nephews and spouses of all) and have been able to keep up with that. My weight loss goal of losing that elusive last five pounds did not get met. Truth be told, I think I sort of gave up on that one. But, on the positive side, weight was maintained with little effort which seems to indicate that, while one must always be vigilant for those creeping extra pounds, my present lifestyle seems to be in balance regarding calories in vs. calories out.
Things I would like to modify: I'd like to return the focus on losing the last five pounds. I don't think the health implications are as great as they were 15 pounds ago, but I feel like I've left that undone. I'd like to be more involved in the use of time and talents for others. I'd like to continue the reading pattern that I started. And I'd like to be more consistent in work in the yard and with the house plants. I enjoy that work, but often, well, I'd just rather sew. The same goes for general household organization.
I've never been one for resolutions in the past. I think I had a habit of setting aggressive goals and then getting discouraged when I couldn't keep up. But I do think goals help me keep focus on certain things I would like to accomplish. And blogging does provide a certain amount of accountability since writing these down defines the task as worthy of attention. So, with all that in mind, my 2013 resolutions/goals look like this:
- 6 books read in the year.
- 5 pounds to lose.
- 4 volunteer projects (quilt donations, time donations and the like)
- 3 times/week for 15 minutes - additional exercise (This one may be the hardest but will assist with the weight goal above.)
- 2 times/week, work in the yard or with the houseplants for a duration of about 45 minutes (They have a way of getting ahead of me and hopefully this goal will help)
- 1 time/month complete a declutter project around the house.
Now, back to sewing.