Friday, February 18, 2011

This Blogging Thing

So, I've been blogging for almost a week now and I find that it is sort of an extension of my habit of talking to myself during the day.  I know that developing a following for my blog was not an original goal and the choices I made when I set this up has sort of put me "under the radar".  I haven't told anyone I know "in person" about my blog, except for my husband and he only knows that I now have one, but not the name or how to find it.  So, why am I a bit disappointed that I have no readers? I enjoy putting my thoughts down but perhaps I unknowingly hoped that someone would enjoy reading them also.  And I naively thought that my blog would just be stumbled upon by people clicking around the Internet. Or perhaps I've gotten wrapped up in this expectation from the capabilities built into this blog site.  I was amazed that they are able to tell me how many page views I have each day and what site they arrived here from. Of course right now all the views are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment