Tuesday, February 12, 2013

More Blocks of Valor

I finished a few more blocks for the Quilts of Valor project at Alycia Quilts.  These scrappy trip blocks were mentioned recently on Bonnie Hunter's blog and Alycia said they could still use additional donations in this pattern.  There has been so much talk of this pattern online with amazing results so I decided to give it a shot.
As with everything I make, I always decide on ways I could have improved on it when I look at the final product.  But, hopefully Alycia will fit this in somewhere and make an amazing quilt.

I have to say that this pattern was a bit more troublesome than I expected.  There is a lot of sewing, cutting, unsewing and sewing again involved with several chances to mix up the order or not have the seams match (and some of mine don't match as well as I would like).  I'm glad to have tried the pattern but I don't think an entire scrappy trip quilt is in my future even though I really admire the finished results.

Also: Remember, I have the Two Sister's Stash Giveaway going on.  It ends Friday so there is still time to enter here.

1 comment:

  1. They look wonderful! I KNOW they are greatly appreciated by her and QOV too!

    ReplyDelete