It's been almost a month since I posted about the challenges of this quilt and how little things just kept going wrong as I sort of designed it as I went .
The back is a bright pink fleece. And I decided to get some more machine embroidery practice in and embroider the label. This quilt has no intended recipient so I just labeled it with my name and year of construction just in case some future generation starts to wonder about it's origins.
The top pictures are my first attempt at photographing a quilt vertically! I think I'll eventually like this system. The husband mounted a cork strip for me above a closet door. The strip only came with two screws, one for each end. So we need to tweak it a bit with some more screws in the center to handle the weight of a quilt. And it turns out that thumbtacks aren't up to the task of holding the quilt either, but the clips in the picture work well.
I also need to give credit the my husband for the binding color. When the quilt top was lying on the bed he said that he thought the color of the existing bedspread really set it off. He thought I should add an additional dark grey border. After all the border issues I had with this there was NO way I was going to push my luck with another border but I decided to use the dark grey color in the binding and it does seem to frame things out nicely.