I've been working on two quilts at once for the past several weeks and am finally done with both! My thinking was that since I need to set up my sewing space differently for piecing and for quilting, why not cut down on all the room gymnastics and just do all the piecing and then all the sewing. Both quilts were basically made from patterns (with a few modifications - of course - I don't think I know how to sew without modifications!) and I've had most of the fabric (except for my last minute change of mind fabric!) for quite awhile so the system seemed to work pretty well.
For the first one I used the New Wave Quilt pattern., available here. I added two additional rows to make it a bit larger. I used a variety of blue batiks and decided to place them as so: