Tuesday, August 28, 2012

New Wave Quilt

I've been working on two quilts at once for the past several weeks and am finally done with both!  My thinking was that since I need to set up my sewing space differently for piecing and for quilting, why not cut down on all the room gymnastics and just do all the piecing and then all the sewing.  Both quilts were basically made from patterns (with a few modifications - of course - I don't think I know how to sew without modifications!) and I've had most of the fabric (except for my last minute change of mind fabric!) for quite awhile so the system seemed to work pretty well.

For the first one I used the New Wave Quilt pattern., available here.  I added two additional rows to make it a bit larger.  I used a variety of blue batiks and decided to place them as so:


After much deliberation I decided to qu8ilt it with vertical lines edge to edge about the width of the white fabric.  I think that was a good choice.  The binding is made from the blue scraps. I changed my mind several times on the backing but finally ended up with this:


The fun thing is that this quilt is for my sister who is seeing it for the first time right here!  During the time I was making it she decided to move to the sunny south so I was sure to use a light batting!  I hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment