Saturday, August 18, 2012

I'm Back!

It seems like I've been gone forever, but I've never left home!  We had a severe storm a few nights ago and our Internet went out.  My tech support (the husband) was away and my simple solutions (basically reboot anything you can) were unsuccessful so rather than make a total mess of the home network I decided to just wait for his return.  It made me realize how many times I access the Internet for answers - everything from the weather to directions to a place I read about to information on a topic that caught my eye.  Of course I could turn to the newspaper or TV for the weather, paper maps for directions and books for information on certain topics, but usually my first choice is to look it up online. We're back to normal now.  It will take me a few days to catch up on things here and elsewhere, but being "unplugged" for awhile provides a nice perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment