- I love black licorice and dark chocolate - not together, though.
- I like to send and receive letters.
- My favorite coffee is from Cafe du Monde in New Orleans. It has chicory mixed with the coffee and strangely enough is sold in a local Asian market near me.
- My sister, the family genealogist, tells me that several of our ancestors made their living by sewing in the "old" country.
- I love to swim.
- I'm an alum of West Virginia University. Let's go Mountaineers!
- I hate to grocery shop. It's almost a phobia.
- I homeschooled my 3 boys for grades 1-4.
- I like to skeet shoot and horse back ride, although I seldom get to do either.
- I've always been a breakfast eater.
- I didn't get chicken pox until I was 30 and then managed to infect an entire church nursery of children and my own, of course.
1. What is your favorite kind of cheese?
I like Gouda for snacking and Parmesan for adding flavor to dishes.
2. Do you prefer wearing pants or dresses/skirts?
I prefer dresses and skirts, but I'm most often in pants....jeans.
3. How long have you been involved in the topic(s) you blog about?
I blog about most everything I guess. I've sewed since I was very young, but only dusted off my hobby two years ago when I retired.
4. Do you have a pet and if so, write something about him/her.
I have a beloved 11 year old male golden retriever whom I love dearly. He is the first and only dog I have ever owned. I take him with me whenever I can and miss him when I can't.
5. What is your favorite season and why?
I like spring for it's promise and hopefulness and autumn for it's calm and rest.
6. What color are your living room walls?
My living room walls are a creamy white. I think the paint chip was "Calla Lily". The woodwork is a putty color.
7. Are you an early bird or night owl?
I have been both at different times in my life, but presently I'm neither. Winter makes me a bit of a black bear - I hibernate and like to be away when the sun is out.
8. How did you choose your blog's title?
Life is all about balance and that's never truer than with dieting. My blog started out as a way to help me stay on track with my weight loss.... and then came quilting. I decided to keep the name. Even quilting is about balance of color, size of the pieces, value.
9. What one thing can you not live without?
This is a hard question! I'm going to limit the field of answers to "things" (as opposed to people) and say my toothbrush.
10. What is your favorite color and color combinations and have they changed over time?
They certainly have changed! Years ago I had a chair recovered in a blue fabric because I thought I would always have blue in my house....now most of the home is green and brown and the chair is again in need of recovering! And, I still like blue.
11. What is your favorite movie and how many times have you watched it?
My lifelong favorite movie is The Wizard of Oz. I've watched it at least 30 times, probably many more. I started watching very young and have never tired of it.
The Lazy Quilter
Quilts in the Queue
Heart of Charnwood
Hello Quilty Lady
Red Letter Quilts
Kevin the Quilter
A Smidgen of Joy
My Quilts and Other Stories
Naahien sewing nahen
Walking Life's Path Again
Questions for Nominees:
- Are you a coffee or tea drinker?
- Name one quilt or pattern that is on your "some day" list.
- Do you live in the city or the country?
- What are your favorite and least favorite parts of blogging?
- Where (sewing room, dining room, etc.) do you sew?
- When you are not sewing or working, what activity do you do?
- Do you sew in the quiet or is a radio or TV playing? What is it playing?
- Have you ever been to a quilt convention or retreat and if so, what did you like most about it?
- Name a historical figure that you admire.
- Would you rather spend a day at a spa or a day at a fabric store?
- Do you like to ride roller coasters?