Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Blocks for Quilts of Valor

Alycia of Alycia Quilts is having a block drive for Quilts of Valor.  This group provides quilts to wounded soldiers.  What better way to say "thank you for keeping us free and safe" than a quilt.  It represents hours of work by one or many.  It's individual in design and keeps the solder wrapped in warmth.   So I felt privileged to be able to donate ten blocks.  Ten is a bit of a significant number.  That is the number of my family members who have served.  Here's a sampling (I have GOT to learn a bit of photography):

The drive continues until March 8 and if you want to participate you can find the pattern and information on her post here.  Every five blocks earns a giveaway entry also for added incentive.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this effort to collect blocks. I wasn't aware of it but I think I can fit in some blocks to help. It seems like such a fun idea - to end up with such a huge variety of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blocks for an awesome cause! I am still working on mine.

    ReplyDelete