My plan is to add a narrow gold border and a wider (maybe 3 inches) blue border. I've tried just a blue border and really thought it needed something else. And between now and when I actually sew the border on I might change my mind yet again. I was aiming at a quilt for a child so I chose primary colors and cream for the black and white print with gold/yellow for the grey. One of the hardest decisions was what size to make. At first I tried a square quilt with four of the main blocks and one alternate in the center. It would have finished at a crib size once the border was done and I could have done two in this size. I even planned on some embroidery embellishment. But when I looked at it again I wasn't happy so I unsewed (I like that word SO much better than "ripped out") and sewed some more until I got what you see. There are quite a few blocks left over which will probably become another project but not right away. I'm ready to move on to something different. Quilting on this will wait until the new table is delivered for my Baby Lock so that I can sew flat. I'm short, so sewing in my present set up usually leaves me with my shoulders sore.
I really enjoyed the whole mystery quilt thing. It makes you just sit back and enjoy the ride without focusing on the destination. You can bet that I'll be on the lookout for another mystery quilt experience should one come my way. You can view other Easy Street finishes here.