Monday, April 4, 2011

Touching Base with the Big "D"

Since I started this blog to post about my diet, it seems like time to check in with that part of my life.  I have to admit that I'm enjoying writing about whatever, but I don't want to lose track of my primary goal.  So...

First off, the scale has crept below 140!!  It didn't seem to move forever, but I do think I am now seeing progress.  More importantly, many of the healthy changes seem to be sticking.  On close to all days I eat two servings of fruit and walk the dog.  On most days I eat at least one serving of vegetables and drink two glasses of water and don't eat after dinner.  On some days I eat two servings of vegetables and occasionally I exercise for the extra 15 minutes.  That has been the hardest one to implement. I think that once the weather gets a little nicer I'm going to walk the dog again in the evening.  I know that is not as balanced as incorporating strength or flexibility, but maybe it will jump start me into a bit more activity.

I have several challenges coming up in the next two months.  I have house guests which will mean that I'm cooking more and providing desserts and large breakfasts.  Although I will say that I've made more healthy choices when planning out the menus.  I have two graduations and a wedding coming up and the biggest challenge of all will be a cruise in mid June.  I'm hoping that the sightseeing activity balances the predicted over eating.

So, I'm still a long way from my mid year goal of 135, but I HAVE inched past 140 which was my criteria for not joining Weight Watchers in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment