Friday, November 1, 2013

October Wrap Up

The year is drawing to a quick close. It will soon be time for reflection on what was accomplished over the year and for plans for the next year.  The thing is, in this season of my life I really want to just enjoy what I'm doing - not strive to accomplish a list. Neither do I want to sit around all day watching TV.  But, just to put my new collage making skills to good use, here is a recap of the past month:
From the top left:  I worked on my Country Threads Block of the month; finished my knitted dishcloths; started a teeny tiny paper pieced project; finished a baby quilt and entered it and the blue wave quilt in the Blogger's Quilt Festival (you can view the festival at the previous link, vote for your favorite in each category and enter to win a sewing machine and other prizes.  There are some awesome quilts there to inspire you.); started a quilt with that large print fabric in the lover left; finished a quilt for another contest that I'll tell about in a few weeks and visited the Land of Oz.

I guess that's not too bad considering all the fall yard work that comes with this time of year.  I'm going to link up with Lily's Fresh Sewing Day

9 comments:

  1. I'm with you, Nina, on just enjoying the doing of whatever it is we're doing. On the other hand, sometimes I forget what I've done (it's that age/memory thing) so it's good to put it in writing or a photo. You did a lot (a LOT) in October! I don't think you've shown us the paper pieced block yet, have you? If you did, I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you have accomplished a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The country threads blocks are beautiful.. I also like the colors in the baby quilt--I shall have to go over to do my voting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have had a busy month, and how lovely to have collected photographs together in one place. I really must sort myself out; I've made loads of things that I haven't even photographed and I haven't blogged for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your projects are so pretty! I especially love the blue wave quilt :) Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been really busy Nina! What a neat collage!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always like making a collage of work I've done just like a little time capsule to tuck away. Your projects are lovely.

    ReplyDelete