Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Craftsy Block of the Month: September

I managed to squeeze this one in before it was time to change the calendar to the next month.  I didn't have time to take a picture of all of the blocks this time.  Last month I mentioned that it seemed like the colors were a bit out of balance.  So, I tried to use a darker green for the leaves here and a touch of the dark blue.
I've done a fair amount of applique and I usually use Heat 'n Bond lite which I did here.  But this time on the dark blue it seemed to change the color of the fabric.  You can see how the edges of the flower are darker.  That's where I put the Heat 'n Bond.  Since there were so many layers of applique I decided to cut out the inside of the bond to cut down on bulk.  I guess if I had left it all in there it would have just looked like a darker flower.  Has anyone else ever had this happen?  The fabric is a batik scrap.  I've wondered if it's the dark color, the batik or some other factor.  Here's a close up:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment