Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Movie Review: Jack the Giant Slayer

This might seem like an odd movie for me to give an opinion on, but....I liked it.  Now, in the spirit of full disclosure I need to tell you that one of my favorite all time movies (besides the Wizard of Oz, of course) is The Princess Bride.  And Jack the Giant Slayer has very much the same feel, although with a lot less comedic lines.  It's a fairy tale with a princess and a commoner, a king and a traitor and big bad giants.  It had action, but not any of those endless car chases.  It had it's share of gross monster stuff, but no screen shots long enough to turn your stomach. It had romance...all g-rated.  And it had heroes.  And a nice ending.  My top compliment:  I would watch it again.



 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Nina, was looking at this in our home movies shop but wasn't sure ... one for the weekend, methinks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We saw this a few weeks ago when our nephew and niece were visiting - aged 9 and 13. We all enjoyed it and - top compliment - it kept the girl quiet for the whole time!

    ReplyDelete