Saturday, January 7, 2012

Old Person Alert

I don't feel old yet.  In fact, sometimes I think the very core of who we are is very similar throughout the years.  There are parts of me that feel like the same person I was in high school.  I'm not so sure that is a good thing, but that's how it seems.  But, I guess I'm seen as older than I think I feel.....

A few weeks ago I had some help here cleaning the house.  When I came down the hardwood steps, the woman was cleaning the hardwood floor at the bottom.  She said with alarm, "Be careful!  The floor is wet!  I always worry when old people walk on a wet floor!"  Boy, did that one hit me.  She thought I was old!  I thought we were peers!  Wow.

Then, a few days ago I had my glasses off to read something.  I went to move on to the next task and couldn't find my glasses.  I looked all around where I was sitting without success.  So, I decided to walk into the bathroom and put my contacts in.  When I looked in the mirror, there were my glasses - on top of my head!!

Maybe the cleaning lady was right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment