Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Quilting Game Plan

I've decided on my next two quilting projects.  I've had a request from my grandson for a pirate quilt and found an excellent example of one at a new favorite blog of mine.  I'm having a little trouble gathering the supplies since apparently skull and crossbones are pretty much ignored in my local fabric shops.  I even tried expanding my search to nautical prints, but with no luck.  So, plan B is to broaden my search geographically to a larger shopping area about an hour from here.  And plan C is to order some fabric online.

The other project on my list is a rag quilt.  I have an old hobnail spread from my mother that I hoped to use along with some newer fabric.  I'm still figuring out the details of construction, though.  I found some directions online but they were for a pattern that didn't use any batting.  There is one on display in my local quilt store that has batting and looks slightly different in construction, so I need to ask about it.  (Here's where I miss the advice of commenters)

I finally got my cabinet for my new sewing machine.  It turned out to be more difficult than I imagined.  But now that it's here, I'm really pleased with it and anxious to start a new project.

No comments:

Post a Comment