Saturday, August 3, 2013

An Embroidery Kind of Week

I haven't had too much in the way of quilting to show lately, but I have been busy in the sewing room.  I've finished up my Skirting the Issue projects as well as curtains for son #1 and his partner (more about that soon).

And...I've been machine embroidering my heart out.  I signed up for a Craftsy class early this year called the Machine Embroidered Quilt and I've finally made some progress.  Here are all the pieces on my design wall waiting to be cut to size and sewn together:


Here's a close up of some of the embroidery:

Since most of the quilting is basically done, I'm hoping that this will soon be finished up.

And, since I had my machine set up to embroider, I made these pieces:
This has always been one of my favorite saying.  If you're reading on a small screen, it says:  Cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'til tomorrow. But children grow up so we've learned to our sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby. Babies don't keep. I used to have it up in the baby room when my sons were small.  I had intended this to become a wall hanging, but it turned out much bigger than I planned.  So for now, I'm just going to think about what to make with it and keep my eyes open for some coordinating fabric.  It may still turn out to be a wall hanging, or it may turn into a quilt.  I'm still so new at this embroidery thing that I had plenty of lessons to learn to create these pieces. 
 
And now, I'm ready for a good quilting project!
 

2 comments:

  1. You've done so well with the embroidery project. I signed up for the class and made a start, but the thread kept breaking so I gave up and now I've got rid of my embroidery machine.

    ReplyDelete