Monday, September 10, 2012

Yard Sale Report

I thought it might be fun to post about the first item bought at our yard sale this weekend.  We had quite a collection of junk....oh, I mean, treasures, at the start of the sale.  Even though I listed the start time as 7:30am, when I opened the door at 7:00am to bring things out there were people waiting to get first dibs at the boxes!  So at first we had many, many lookers who bought little.  It always seems to me that they are searching for that valuable antique that I marked at 25 cents because I didn't realize it's value.  Perhaps I passed that test since the only sale from the first group was.....a black rubber snake!!  This was part of my friends merchandise.  It had hung over her son's bed for a long time and now it needed a new home.  That was a big 50 cent purchase.  The second item bought were some socks.  Neither of those would have been my guesses so my perfect record of incorrectly guessing the first sale item continues.  But most of the large items moved and in the end I had only three small boxes and a bag of items to donate to a local charity.

Perhaps the strangest story occurred after the sale.  The husband and I were watching TV last evening when there was a knock on my door.  Someone who had been at the sale Saturday noticed the dried seed pods on my red bud tree at the end of the driveway and wanted to know if she could pick some to bring home and decorate her house.  I guess that treasures are in the eye of the beholder and sometimes to be had right under our noses!

No comments:

Post a Comment