Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Butterfly Pillow and RV Pillows

I mentioned a few days ago that the recipient of the owl pillow I made recently requested a matching butterfly pillow to complete her decor.  It's finished and on it's way along with a few other goodies for her brothers so that they don't feel left out.
I also found some fun fabric recently with a variety of recreational vehicles on it and decided to make a pair of pillows for a family member who enjoys the RV lifestyle.  This was my first attempt at a bolster pillow so I'm on the steep side of the learning curve on that one.  But, on the plus side, the fabric store in my town often has "out the door" specials and they had several types of piping for 10 and 25 cents a yard.  I stocked up and used some on this square pillow.  I have used a zipper foot in the past to attach piping but it wasn't working out for me this time so I tried my open toe applique foot.  I remember the woman who sold it to me commenting on the large groove on the underside of the foot being good for attaching trim.  I moved my needle all the way to the right and ran the trim under the foot.  I was very pleased with the result!  The piping is nice and tight all around.


No comments:

Post a Comment