Thursday, May 9, 2013

Remember When

A few days ago I shared pictures of some recently finished blocks including this one:
Notice the pink fabric in the pinwheel?  That piece of fabric has been in my stash for a long time.  Every time I considered using it, the color just didn't fit.  The pink is sort of pale and it didn't go with much.  But when I went to make this block, it was the perfect fit.  The red has some pink in it also which isn't visible in this picture.  Anyway, I opened up this fabric to find that it was way older than I realized.  Apparently it was bought by my mother and somehow ended up with me.  The fabric is only 36 inches wide. (I remember when that was the norm and we were glad to find 45 inch fabric to work with!)  But, best of all though, the price tag was still attached.
Can you believe that price?!?!  Wow.  And now it's vintage fabric. 

3 comments:

  1. I can remember fabric at that price when I shopped with my grandma and great aunts. I think they would stop quilting these days if they had to pay the prices we do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're going to be able to include the price tag in the quilt somewhere, it would be a shame for it to be separated from the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, yes, I remember 36" wide fabric and 68¢/yard. Well, I remember it even less than that (but let's not discuss the year!). I think your colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete