Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Guild Top Finished

Last month I attended my first local quilting guild meeting.  I took home some blocks to make into a quilt top that will be used for a donation quilt.  The only "rule" was to alternate the solid and four square blocks.  But the randomness of that request turned out to be more difficult to me that a specific design.  Here's what I ended up with:
I sort of wish now that I had turned some of the four squares around, but I think that's just me looking for order in randomness.  (Son #3, the math guy, would have fun with that statement!) Next, someone will put a border on the quilt and then it will be packaged with batting and backing for another member to quilt and bind and then off to it's intended recipient.

I really enjoy participating this way.  The task is very do-able and doesn't seem overwhelming to accomplish.  I wonder what the next meeting will bring my way.

3 comments:

  1. What fun! And I love your 'randomness', Nina - it works for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be a challenge for me. I think you posted about these blocks earlier and had a different arrangement then. I wonder if you are like me and changed the arrangement about 50 times before deciding? It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks pretty cool and modern to me! Good job!

    ReplyDelete