Friday, June 22, 2012

The Garden

This time of year requires a lot of time in the yard to keep the weeds under control and the flowers growing.  I'm a very inconsistant gardener.  My best skill is pulling weeds.  I used to keep a garden journal thinking that it would help me figure out what flowers do best where and how successful my different growing techniques turned out to be..or, more importantly, just WHERE I planted those bulbs!  Usually my garden depends on how much effort I want to give it in any particular month or year.

Every once in a while, though I do something right.  This year I got an amazing result out of these yellow Calla Lillies near my side door.  I thought they were picture worthy.  They don't last long, but they sure are elegant and pretty while they're around!

No comments:

Post a Comment