Monday, July 7, 2014

Vacation Quilty-ness

This year our beach vacation was spent at a different rental than usual.  We really liked this house.  There was a great place to fly the pig flag:
When we stay on the ocean side the pig flag helps us remember which stairs off the beach go to "our" house.  Here we put it on the mailbox on the day that our daughter-in-law was joining us so that she could find the house.  The rest of the time it flew off the deck to announce that we were "in residence".

But I thought it was a real sign that this was our new favorite home when I saw this on the master bed:
 I sort of fell in love with this quilt.  In fact, some day I'm going to make my own in this pattern.  I guess it just shows that a quilter may be away from the machine for awhile or take a break from sewing tasks, but she is always thinking about patterns, admiring quilts and planning the next project.  Or at least I am.

3 comments:

  1. That is a very cool quilt and would make me feel right at home in all that quilty goodness. You must make your own... Happy vacation. Love the pig flag and THAT is a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These quilts are fantastic. I really appreciate your efforts.

    Beautiful Bailey 44 Rake Dress

    ReplyDelete