The pattern is from The Rabbit Factory and the inspiration to use flannel and lighten up the color scheme came from The Queen Bee's Hive.
I had wanted to use one of my decorative stitches on the edge of the "blanket" (under the snowmen) but the stitching didn't want to cooperate through the multiple layers. I had to pick out the stitches which was no easy task. Fortunately I found my husband's "fly tying" light/magnifier to aid my old eyes! My other learning curve moment had to do with the applique. I cut out all of the heat bond material....and forgot to reverse the design, so everything was backwards. Fortunately I bought lots of heat bond and was able to just start again.
Next.....the infamous fractal quilt! Stay tuned.