I still don't watch daytime TV as a rule and a TV on in an empty room or when a group of people are visiting still drives me a little crazy. But lately when I sew I've turned on the TV to have something to listen to. And, I haven't missed much. My life is not less rich for those years without daytime TV. There are basically four kinds of daytime TV:
- News shows - or sort of news shows. Most of them are more like news magazines because lets face it, how much news REALLY happens? And how much hype can you put on those happenings?
- Soap Operas - I don't even bother. Too much to follow when I'm sewing.
- Talk shows - These are basically a host trying to express outrage at people who are yelling at each other on the show. OR they have a group of people all talking at once over each other and making it really impossible to figure out what anyone is saying (ie: The View)
- Judge shows - Basically a judge trying to express outrage at people with mostly silly complaints. Honestly, these cases are almost unbelievable....but entertaining and the perfect compliment to sewing.
- If you accept a gift from a man he will think you like him and maybe even that your relationship with him is exclusive and when he finds out that it's not and you don't he will take you to Judge Judy or Judge Alex for leading him on.
- Some defendants will plan there defense according to Google information on the judge's sexual orientation.
- When parenting gets out of control, there are always judges to explain to your offspring that they are adults and DO need to pay you back.
- And most of all, I've learned that Regis and Kelly really have been a bright spot in the dismal land of daytime TV. I watched his last show and he will truly be missed.