Thursday, February 13, 2014

Back from My Blogging Sabbatical

I've been on a bit of a blogging sabbatical this last month.  Things got a bit busy around here and it seemed like a time to just be quite and to myself instead of sharing.

I've been keeping up with most of my bloggy friends even though I haven't commented much at all.  I can't say the same for my sewing.  Some has gotten done, but I don't have a full and complete finish to share and still might not for awhile.  I have actually been NOT reading the posts that make me want to start yet one more new project.  I'm determined to finish up a few things.

So....one good news item to share:  I'm now officially a Nana!  Our granddaughter arrived late January 22, one week before her due date.  Her mother got to experience everything the hospital offered from natural labor to pain control measures to induced labor and finally to C-section.  But they are both doing well now and I am truly smitten by this little one as is the husband.  He bought the most girlish lavender dress with ruffles that he could find and he can't wait to fill the backyard with a sandbox, playhouse and all manner of play equipment.  I've tried to point out that it will be quite awhile before she can use such things, but he just wants to "be prepared". We were supposed to have our babysitting debut tomorrow but that might now be in question due to:

We are buried in snow along with much of the East coast.  Fortunately our power is still on.  I've cleared the bird feeder for our feathered friends and we've broadcast seed on top of the snow for them.  The colors of the birds are so brilliant against the white snow.  So far we have at least 12" and it is still coming down.  Not much is moving outside in our neighborhood.  I've called to be put on the list for a driveway "plow out" so all that is left is to sit and wait.  I may make a snowy excursion to the mailbox soon although I don't think my boots are quite high enough to keep the snow at bay!
 
Spring will be SO welcomed this year!
 

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Nina. What will you be making that new baby? Welcome back, it is certainly something to do during a snow storm. Hopefully spring will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we got the snow storm as well. Been in the house for a day and half except to let the dog do her business outside

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Nana Nina! I'm with Carla - bring on Spring (and we only have it wet and windy in London!) stay warm :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Nina. Will we see photos of that new, dear baby? I'm sorry for your additional snow. This has been such a winter! I remember toward the end of last year's "mild" winter, we were all eagerly awaiting spring. From this winter, last winter seems like it was all very spring-like. Stay warm and enjoy that grandgirl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back Nina, it's good to hear your news again. How exciting for you, just think of all the girly quilts you can make! My word, what a lot of snow, you'll certainly have to sit tight and wait it out. But how lucky to have the prospect of getting your drive cleared, I've never heard of such a thing in the UK; we don't even get out lane cleared. We had a snow storm yesterday, but it didn't settle, it's far too wet. We're just inundated with rain, apparently the wettest winter ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to have you back Nina! I've missed your posts! how is Celtic coming along?

    ReplyDelete