Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Just Checking In

Life is progressing through the anticipated craziness of this month.  The first graduation is Friday and then events come in quick succession.  I've been trying to get the house and yard in tip-top shape both for guests and because I won't be able to care for the yard and house for several weeks during our upcoming graduations, wedding, visits, surgery and travel.

So, I've been busy and I've been able to maintain my walking schedule.  I think my eating is on track or close to on track, but the scale continues to refuse to budge.  I still weigh about 138 pounds (142 on a recent MD visit....but we've already discussed the scale discrepancies and my desire to continue to pretend that my scale is correct).  In any case I'm mainly looking for a decrease in weight and not particularly concerned about the exact number.  My clothes all fit better (some are even too big!) and I'm enjoying that.  But, truly, I would like to get back to seeing the scale register a bit lower.

I'd like to try to add an evening dog walk each night.  From now through the summer the days will be long enough to allow me to walk in the light.  But right now we're having a bit of a monsoon.  We've had almost two and 1/2 inches of rain in the past 24 hours.  Today I"m working on inside projects and being thankful that I'm able to just sit home and watch the weather.  I'm falling in love with retirement!!

No comments:

Post a Comment