Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Country Threads Block of the Month December - 2013

It probably looked like I dropped the ball on this one and it DID slip a little!  But last week I got the last two blocks completed for the Country Threads Block of the Month 2013 project.  Sorry for the bad photos.  We had a few precious minutes of sunshine during which I tried to quickly snap some pictures.  The top block is actually a six inch square and the bottom is 12 inches:

Once all of these blocks were finished there were a few blank spots in the layout to be filled in with half square triangles.  I decided instead to add a few more blocks of similar design.  So far I've added these:


And here's the whole collection on the design wall.  I'm still planning on sashing between the blocks since it looks a bit hectic to my eye.  I'll probably rearrange a bit also since a present I have a lot of similar blocks together:
 
And then this will be added to my "ready for quilting" pile.  Can you see why my 2014 goal is to just say "No" to new projects?  I really want to get these all completed before moving on to other things.
 

6 comments:

  1. the first two look like the Triforce from the Legend of Zelda games. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your piecing looks perfect from this end of the computer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Typed my comment in the wrong box ... doh, that's what happens when you've been up for 17 hours! Anyway ... well done you for finishing the blocks, I really like seeing them all together and your photography is perfectly fine so don't apologise :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been waiting to see what color you decide for the sashing on this one. Nice finish of the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great blocks. I really like that one with the 3 cheddar squares and all the 1/2 triangles. What is that one?

    ReplyDelete