Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Diet Update: My New Scale

My diet has gone well thus far with me hitting my midyear goal last month.  However, since hitting that goal I seem to have lost my vision and sort of plateaued.  I've mentioned before that my old scale did not agree with the doctor's scale and I suspected that mine measured a bit light.  I decided it was time to upgrade to a digital scale.  The bad news is that indeed there is about a four pound difference in the two scales with the new one measuring heavier.  The good news is that I'm still on track and can in fact reach my end of the year goal if I keep focused.  In fact, if I use this new scale as my reference I will have a more accurate weigh in.  Also the exactness of the measurement helps with motivation.  So, I have 8 pounds to go in four months - two pounds/month; 1/2 pound a week.  That should be attainable.  I have been eating better and part of that is due to my husband's change in eating habits. 

Here's hoping for a skinnier 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment