Friday, July 15, 2011

Wanders with Winkie #4: the Cruise Ship

We cruised with Royal Caribbean on the Liberty of the Seas ship.  The ship was HUGE and our stateroom was fantastic.  The staff was attentive and helpful and I couldn't go without giving attention to our stateroom attendant.  Each night when providing turn down service he would leave us the newsletter for the next day along with a towel sculpture.  They made us smile as soon as we walked in the door.  If my sunglasses happened to be lying around he would put these on the towel animal for added effect.  Here are pictures of my favorites:
Elephant


Dog

Bat
I will say that most of the activities were well organized and they certainly knew how to efficiently move large numbers of people.  And there WERE large numbers of people.  This particular cruise with all of the excursions was not a kick back and relax kind of vacation and it was not the type of vacation that provides solitude - unless you stay in your stateroom the entire time and what fun is that?  But for a fun, activity filled vacation it was great.  I had lots of sister time and extended time to spend with my nephew and his wife.  I can imagine that a cruise would be a nice way to spend a family vacation.  There is opportunity for everyone to do what they want and then opportunity at the end of the day to come together again and share with each other the events of the day.  Would I do it again?  Yes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment