Sunday, June 24, 2012

State of the Blog Address

I just went back and read some of my very first postings.  Wow....was that an eye opener!.  I started this blog to provided some accountability for my weight loss.  But it wasn't until I reread the first post that I realized that I never reached my original weight loss goal!  I know that sounds strange.  But I've been so pleased with the weight that I did lose that I lost track of the fact that I didn't lose all that I had intended.  And this year I've essentially added no additional weight loss.  So, the good news is that I've maintained my weight for about nine months, but the bad news is that I still have more to go.  I like how clothes fit now and I'm certainly more healthy, but my BMI is still a bit high and my short stature could afford to be a bit lighter.  So, perhaps I need to review my present diet and activity and figure out how to accomplish a bit more weight loss.  Up until now I've aimed at lifestyle changes that I could maintain and I think that's been successful.  I just need to come up with a few additional changes I guess.

And although dieting was the motivation to start this blog, it has grown to more than that.  I've found it a fun way to keep track of my sewing projects, travel, and even random thoughts and ideas.  It's sort of an electronic diary.  As a teenager, back in the pre-computer days, I had a diary now and again.  After a while we called it "journaling" but it's all basically the same thing: a written "snapshot" of a part of your life.  I'll keep on blogging until it no longer is fun.  The written snapshots really enhance an aging memory!


No comments:

Post a Comment