Monday, September 22, 2014

September Travels: Niagara Falls

 
We've been on the road again....this time to Niagara Falls, Canada.  It is one of a very few places in the world that I have visited, but my husband has not.  It seemed like my parents went to Canada several times when I was young.  It was so much fun to revisit the area and see that the falls are as awesome as ever. 
 

We rode the boat, went under the tunnels, saw the whole downtown area and even visited the Floral Clock.  My mother always insisted that we visit the clock and a shrine on every trip to Canada.  I was never overly impressed with either.  The clock is nice, but after experiencing the power and size of the falls it sort of comes up short.  And every year I had my picture taken in front of the clock.
We were even treated to an Elvis impersonator in an outside café!
He had the look down pretty good, but not the sound.

From Canada we made a stop in Cleveland and then a few family visits and back home.  Except for our two nights in Canada we slept in a different place every night!  The pace was a bit exhausting and home was a welcomed sight!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet photo of you, Nina. We've been to Niagara Falls many times, always in the summer. As I look at your photos of the falls, all I can think of is "brrrrrrrrr." Considering how cool it's been a few states south, I can't imagine it was anything but cool up there, too. Beautiful photo of the rainbow. Was your husband impressed with the falls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to see Niagara Falls

    ReplyDelete